Friday, January 23, 2015

Reading a missionary story: Never Too Old!

The touching story of Philip Reiswig, missionary to the Crimea.
Read it from: "Miracles on the Mountain" by Bradley Booth (c) 2012. p 91-98.


Highlights:

"I think the biggest problem is that we all want to send a missionary, but none of us want to be the missionary!"

"I am old, but I will go."

A twinge of sadness as he saw the land of his home fade into the distance as he knew it would be his last trip.

"I did not come all the way from South Dakota to here in the Crimea to just make shoes. I came to give away Bible tracks."

"Could you read this tract for me? I left my glasses."

Soon groups of Sabbath believers were springing up across the Crimea.



Let us say with Phillip: Here am I, send me!

Pray with us for a spark.


No comments:

Post a Comment