Friday, January 30, 2015

The Gentle Dragon


I have a most pleasant fruit I would like to introduce. Meet the Gentle Dragon.

It's name is Dragon Fruit, but all of us agreed that this name sounded too firey or spicy. Actually It has a very soft and gentle flavor. It is not strongly flavored, and is mildly sweet. It was served this evening as a part of the dessert fruit plate, and each person had a slice.

The other fruit in the third image below are pineapple and watermelon.

You do not eat the reddish purple rind of the dragon fruit. The inside is white soft flesh with no fibers or texture. Suspended in the fruit flesh are small black seeds that are also soft and not a problem to eat. No need to pick them out which is good since there are thousands of them.

This fruit is a very nice part of a dessert fruit platter. A wonderful new friend of the fruit family!

I have heard there are variations of this fruit in that you can find varieties where the white flesh is reddish or other colors. I will have to continue my exploration of this new friend. Below is a picture of the Dragon Fruit plant, which is a cactus relative.

We are in Cambodia today, and I must say I really enjoy this country. Bangkok, Thailand was a very large and noisy city. Siem Reap is a smaller more rural area. I love it!
Our missionary team splits into four groups today each with a translator to go preach and meet with local village churches. I pray our care will show through as we do not come with a new Gospel or grand words or new wisdom. We come with the simple truth that Jesus came to this earth to give us life. He came to live in us to make us more like Him. He came to save us.


Pray with us for a spark!


No comments:

Post a Comment