Friday, February 6, 2015

Communication

I miss talking with our church family, and close friends. Last night was Friday eve here, and we had an hour after sunset at 6 till we would have our group worship at 7 pm. My first thought? Who could we call and talk to?

I miss you all. Not that I am home sick, but I want to share verbally as well as in text. And this blog is public so not really a personal conversation. I have young people back home that I would love to encourage to mission service. Not because mission service is glamorous, but because when you come here you realize it is all or nothing. We have none of the props of our former busy life to get in the way here. We came with a few suitcases, some electronics and we are surviving well. But our lives here are much different than back home. Our focus here is entirely about serving others, and I like that feeling.

I have met some young people here that I want to spiritually adopt as my own. They are precious and pure in their desire to serve Jesus. Many are poor, it is only as God opens the way that they can gain higher education.

But I digress, back to communication. The morning here is our busy time. We let the boys sleep as long as we can, since they are needing more sleep than we are getting. This means that when we do get up, the morning is filled with activity: packing up gear for the coming days video shoots, getting to breakfast and group worship on time, and being ready to be picked up from our hotel by faithful Caleb from the SALT center where the training center, school, orphanage and campmeeting is being held.

So morning are really busy for us. Morning here is evening back in America. Evening would be the time easiest for our friends back home to take a call. So we have only called home once.

Last evening at 6pm I was thinking, who could we call? I was not sure who would want a 6am call, so we did not call anyone. That block of time was one of our few snatches of free time we have had on the trip. We visited in our room with Christopher who has recently joined our mission group as a professional videographer.

Our evenings are less rushed, but they are your mornings when you are gearing up for the activities of the day. Being 12 hours off, it feels like the ryhems are just out of sync.

I stayed up and joined our staff meeting by video conference call at 11 pm here (11 am back at the office) and it was really hard to stay up!

What would I share with you if we could talk? Well I would love to share some of the experience here with you. I would love to share an excitement for missions. I would also like to share some of the minor things like prayer requests that don't seem critical enough to blog about, but that for which we really need prayer. Pray that Andrew gets over a sore throat, and thank you for his recovery of intestinal issues. We pray for the O'Carey family that are all ill this morning.

Sunshine is scurrying around and trying to get her men moving, so I will sign off for now. Would love to communicate with you! Heading to church now.



No comments:

Post a Comment